Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Time For Change

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!! Hope you're wearing your green!! I'm sitting here in my lovely green nightgown while I type away. lol We've had a lot going on recently, as most of you know. We had a death in the family last week and laid my uncle to rest on Saturday. Got to connect with a lot of old friends and relatives that we hadn't seen in years. Sad that weddings and funerals are what always bring us all together.

Speaking of weddings... the invitations will be going out next Monday - if I can get those two to take their butts somewhere and register!! They are dragging their feet on this yet pushing me to get the wedding stuff done. How fair is that? hahahaha

After the wedding, they will be moving in with the hubster and me, so we've been diligently working on cleaning out the spare bedroom that we've been using for storage for them. And their little alien? Has a heartbeat and little nubs for arms and legs!! Brianna had her first ultrasound last week and brought her pictures over to share with us. So exciting! As she progresses in her pregnancy, I am getting more excited about meeting my first grandchild. Whoa... that makes me sound old! Oh, well, I AM old. lol

Ciara is still dating Trey and today is their 2 month-iversary. :) They are so cute together and we really like him. Plus... he makes her do her homework!! Bahahahaha!

The biggest change around here recently though is in the house. I decided that we didn't need a formal dining room anymore because we only used it for storage. The problem with that being a storage room is that it's the first room you see when you walk into our house. Not good. So, we got a couple of inexpensive (and quite flimsy) bookshelves from BigLots and the hubster used brackets and anchors to stabilize them and bolt them to the wall for sturdiness. Then, I brought down our little short bookshelves and all of our books and turned the room into a library. I love it!! It's quite possibly my favorite room in the house now (next to my bath tub, of course!! lol) I still need to move my cedar chest down there - which might happen today - to finish it off, but here's a couple of pics to show you what I've done so far. I'm really pleased with it...

Now we just need to change out the light fixture to one that won't cause head injuries and we'll pretty much be done till we can afford to paint the entire downstairs. I'm no longer embarrassed when people walk in my front door and see this room!

Also, don't forget my Scentsy party this Saturday at 2pm here at my house. If you want to shop online, go here and click on "order from show" next to my name. I would love to see you all there!! We'll have refreshments and some "cash and carry" items for you to check out!!

Well, it's time for me to get some other housework done and later I'll be finishing up week 11 homework. Only one week of the quarter left!! Yeah!

In His Love,

Melissa

1 comment: