Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy New Year!

OK, so it's actually the 10th, but who's counting? It's still a new year and this is my first blog of the year. OK, it's my first blog since March of last year because I have failed at my previous attempts to be a blogger. This time, however, I'd like to use my blog to promote book reviews, music reviews, fun recipes, and other stuff that I find along the way.

For those of you who have read all of my previous posts... No. I have not worked on that book one single bit. How sad is that? I've thought about it often and had some ideas pop up in my brain, but never did anything with it. I'm praying that this will be the year I get off my arse and get it done. Please pray with me...


Something new in my life is that I have returned to school full-time. Without a job, what else am I supposed to do? Clean? I think not!! lol  Anyway, I'm studying to earn my Bachelor's degree in Accounting. So far I have an overall GPA of 3.97 and have been on the Dean's list both quarters.  I have just started my third quarter and find that I'm actually enjoying most of the work. Who knew? I actually have class tonight and they like to pick on me in there because I demand straight A's out of myself. If I'm not going to put my full effort into it... why bother? They call me an over-achiever in there which is funny because I've always been such an under-achiever. I'll get just good enough at something to quit. Not this time. I will finish my degree this time and it will be with all, or mostly, A's!!

So, subscribe and check back often (I've set reminders on my iPhone that I love so much to blog!) to see what's going on in my life and what I'm reading or listening to or cooking or, maybe, even sewing!! :-)


In His Love,

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment