Sunday, January 13, 2013

Un-beet-able

Hello friends! So by now you know that my hubster and I have embarked on a journey of raw foods blending. We just got our Ninja Professional 1100W blender this past week and we've made some easy blends in it so far - blueberries one night and blackberries the next. Today, however, we decided to be adventurous and try a citrus-beet smoothie from a raw foods website I found.

First, I peeled all the components and put them in the blender. I wore gloves because I didn't want beet-stained hands.



 See how it completely PULVERIZED them? In just one quick pulse!!


This is as it was blending. Everything rotates to get the smoothest blend possible It's pretty awesome to watch.


After it was all done, I poured it into two travel cups and did a taste test. OMIGOD IT'S DISGUSTING!!! I added agave, honey AND regular granulated sugar just to be able to stomach it. Let's just say I do not, will not ever like beets. Like, EVER!!!

I put them in the fridge because they are morning drinks and I don't have time to do all that peeling in the mornings.

Photo note: The disinfecting wipes were right there to quickly clean up any spots to hit the counter. Don't really want pink stains on the counter-top either. O.o

Hopefully the smoothies will be better cold in the morning. If not... watch out cause I'm forcing myself to drink it (even if the hubster won't).

I'm thinking I might just have to stick to my regular green smoothies and forget this adventurous junk! lol

Until next time...

In His Love,

~Melissa~

No comments:

Post a Comment