Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-CHIA!!

Happy Thursday morning to you! As part of my life improvement goals in 2013, I've been doing research on different health foods and their benefits.

I recently discovered chia seeds.

I did hours of research and reading prior to deciding that it sounded like the perfect additive to the raw food blending that my hubster and I are starting. So, I bought a bag at The Vitamin Shoppe on Tuesday after work and added 1 Tablespoon to my Vi-Shake on Wednesday morning. Can I just tell you that I was not starving at lunch time. In fact, I ate lunch late because I was still comfortable and not really hungry at all. Then, I added another Tablespoon to my soup when I finally did eat lunch and I was not starving on my date last night. Normally, when hubster takes me to Panda Express, I BINGE on the food and clear the plate. Last night - I got less than half of the food down before I was comfortably full. I only had a couple handfuls of popcorn during our movie and did not snack at all when we got home. Incredible!

Even better - I slept for 6 solid hours and did not wake up hungry. Amazing. I feel really good this morning. So, I added it to my Vi-Shake this morning and to my Chinese left-overs for today. I haven't touched the chocolate in our office candy dish or felt the need to snack at all today.

This chia stuff... just might be the real deal! I'll keep you posted on how things progress as I continue to use these wonderful little seeds. :)

Until next time...

In His Love,

~Melissa~

No comments:

Post a Comment