Tuesday, February 12, 2013

H2NOOOOOOOO!!!

It's no secret that I am not a fan of water. There's no taste (and sometimes a nasty aftertaste). Sometimes I enjoy some ice water, but I have to be REALLY thirsty.

As part of our life changes this year, Brian (hubster) and I are always on the lookout for healthy alternatives that are good for us, convenient and taste good. I've read a million different blogs, facebook posts and articles about infused water and naturally flavored water and knew that I had to incorporate something like that to up my intake of water. So, last night I got 3 of my recycled bottles out of the drawer, put a tablespoon of lemon juice and 1.5 tablespoons of honey in the bottom of each one. Then I filled them with warm water (to dissolve the honey) and shook them up like a mad woman. :) Stuck them in the fridge overnight and brought them to work with me this morning (along with my Vi-Shake Smoothie).

As I was getting started on my project for the day, I opened up a bottle of my water and was AMAZED!! It's the yummiest water I've ever had. I've already finished one and am about half-way through the second. I doubt the third one makes it to the end of the day. There are so many health benefits in each bottle and it actually tastes really, really good! I can see this being integrated into every single day - and actually reaching my water intake goals.

So, if you're a water hater like me, give this a try and see if, maybe, it helps you get properly, deliciously hydrated!! Do a Google search to see all the benefits of lemon juice and honey. You might be surprised at just how good they are for you!

Until next time,

In His Love,

~Melissa~

1 comment:

  1. It might be good for the Gym too since the Honey and lemon juice would give you just a bit of boost during a workout.

    ReplyDelete